The Special Education Clinic has been established to enable your children to reach their maximum cognitive abilities so they become an active and productive member of their community. This comes under a happier and less restrictive framework. At the Special Education Clinic, we receive children between the age of 4 to 18 years who have cognitive, educational and developmental difficulties such as:
- Learning difficulties category
- Developmental learning difficulties (attention, memory, problem-solving / thinking)
- Perceptual learning difficulties (auditory perception and visual perception)
- Academic learning difficulties (reading, reading comprehension, writing, written expression, arithmetic).
- Academic delay (the child's academic achievement is below the level of his / her peers)
- Slow Learning
- Cognitive and mental delay
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Hearing and Vision impairment
We work in the Special Education Clinic to provide a variety of services including:
- Evaluation and Diagnosis: For that we use internationally approved assessments and diagnostic tools to examine your child’s intelligence and assess his/her areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Building the curriculum: we work on building individual educational plans (IEPs) for each child based on strengths and weaknesses to meet his/her behavioral, social and academic needs.
- Intervention: Individual and group therapy sessions depending on your child’s needs.
- Integration and follow-up: We try our absolute best to integrate the child into his/her environment such as schools and kindergartens; we closely follow the progress of our children and work with their community teachers to provide a stimulating environment and ensure their integration academically and socially in an effective and fruitful manner.
- Guidance and Counseling: We are doing our best in preparing families to teach their children and how to communicate information in the easiest way.
- Training: Training and rehabilitation of children's families, school teachers and shadow teachers to work as a team with the child.
Note: Parents are allowed in the clinic with the child